- Develop novel concepts in immunoglobulin research in the field of neurology.
- Encourage the discovery of beneficial immunoglobulin applications for neurologic disorders.
- Promote research of novel therapeutic options for patients with neurologic conditions.
The Spin Award offers EUR 50,000 to one applicant whose proposal best exemplifies the program's objectives, as assessed by an independent Review Committee. Funding is intended to support a 12 month project.
Applications are evaluated based on four criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Clinical / medical impact
- Quality of research environment
Scientists or clinicians with an innovative idea relevant to immunoglobulin research in neurology are invited to apply for the SPIN Award. Applications are encouraged from either individuals or research teams who are engaged in research at Universities, hospitals, or independent research institutions.
Eligible applicants must submit a CV and a Letter of Intent outlining the aims of their research project. Application letters that fulfill the terms of entry will be assessed and judged by a Review Committee comprised of five experts from healthcare, research, and industry. Based on their review, the Committee will invite several candidates to submit a full research proposal. The Review Committee will evaluate the research proposals and select the award recipient.